At first glance, many of our readers are quick to point out that some meal delivery services are priced higher than what they would have expected to pay at the grocery store. However, if you look more closely and take more factors into consideration, you’ll find out that meal delivery services are a great way to save WHILE giving your body the very best food you can get. You are what you eat, after all.
Time Is Money
Yes, if you take all the ingredients in a meal delivered by a meal kit service like Home Chef of Hello Fresh, you’ll find out that getting those ingredients at the grocery store adds up to less money. But there are a few factors to consider:
- Searching for the right recipes for you takes real experience in the kitchen, let alone the time needed to locate all the ingredients. And what if the grocery store doesn’t have what you need? Do you have the expertise to choose a suitable replacement, or is your meal ruined?
- Traveling to Grocery Store Requires Both Time and Money. Always remember to consider the costs of driving to the grocery store and the time you have to dedicate to find each and every ingredient. It adds up.
Long-Term Health Savings
Eating unhealthy food can lead to some unpleasant results down the road, doctors say. It’s hardly anything new, but many people ignore this age-old advice from doctors, and it’s mostly because of price. After all, why buy a meal for $7 when you can find something cheaper at $3?
- Lower-cost foods, such as fast-food, frozen foods and others, cost less, but use lower quality ingredients.
- These cheaper foods use coloring, preservatives and a lot of salt and sugar to cover for low quality ingredients.
In the long-term, over-burdening your digestive system with these low-cost options could add up to a lot of gunk in your system, leaving you less healthy than what you could have been. And if you’re particularly sensitive to these unhealthy ingredients, you might find yourself with medical bills and a lot of remorse down the line.
…Which Brings Us to Dietary Restrictions
If you have any form of dietary restriction, or even only sensitive to certain types of food, you’re not doing yourself any favors by choosing low-quality food, to say the least. For example, eating gluten when you’re sensitive to gluten can result in serious adverse health risks over time, including postponed growth in children and even cancer.
Conclusion: Meal delivery only LOOKS expensive
- Meal kit services save you hours and hours every week.
- Nutritionist-approved recipes guarantee you’re getting the nutrition you need.
- Over time, your healthy eating habits can save you from health risks and their associated medical expenses.